Small utility program for the windows

Iyer, Prasad C prasad.c.iyer at capgemini.com
Mon Oct 24 08:06:39 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am trying to create a small utility program which would be configured
in registry. Something like this
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\ShortCut\command]
@="\"python C:\\workspace\\python\\Tut\\ShortCut.py\""

It gives me access denied exception when I try it.
Can anyone help me out.
Following is the code

from Tkinter import *
import sys

class BaseClass(Frame):
    def __init__(self, master=None):
        Frame.__init__(self, master)
        self.grid()
        self.createWidget()
    def createWidget(self):
        self.text=Text(self, width=20, height=3)
        self.text.grid(row=0,column=0)
        Button(self, text="ok", command=self.addText).grid(row=1,
column=0)
    def addText(self):
        print "hello world"

baseClass=BaseClass()
print sys.argv[0]
for i in range(0, len(sys.argv)):
    print sys.argv[i]
baseClass.mainloop()

I have to modify the code further so that it takes argument.