Absolultely confused...

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Oct 6 10:55:56 EDT 2005

Jeremy Moles <jeremy at emperorlinux.com> writes:

> Thanks for the reply. :)
>
> I may be missing something critical here, but I don't exactly grok what
> you're saying; how is it even possible to have two instances of
> PyType_vector3d? It is (like all the examples show and all the extension
> modules I've done in the past) a static structure declared and assigned
> to all at once, only once.
>
> Am I misunderstanding the point? :)
>
> /me ducks
>
> On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 16:26 +0200, Thomas Heller wrote:
>> Jeremy Moles <jeremy at emperorlinux.com> writes:
>>
>> > So, here is my relevant code:
>> >
>> > 	PyArg_ParseTuple(args, "O!", &PyType_vector3d, &arg1)
>> >
>> > And here ismy error message:
>> >
>> > 	argument 1 must be pylf.core.vector3d, not pylf.core.vector3d

The only reason that I can think of for this error message is that the
type of the argument is something that has a repr of
'pylf.core.vector3d', but the type object is not the same as your
'PyType_vector3d' pointer.  As I said, use a source debugger or some
other way to find out, or use a debug build of Python and step through
the PyArg_ParseTuple code to find out why the call fails.

Thomas