Jargons of Info Tech industry

Gordon Burditt gordonb.tt59b at burditt.org
Wed Oct 12 21:23:40 EDT 2005

>>	Links
>>	Javascript
>>	Forms
>>	References to other files
>
>the only piece of that particularly dangerous is JavaScript.  So long
>as you have a scheme to unmask where links are really going links are
>no more dangerous than they are in browser.

Browsers don't read unsolicited web sites.  Email readers do, however,
read unsolicited email, and email from downright hostile correspondents.
And I consider "web bugs" and similar tracking methods to be a danger
for something that's supposed to be ONLY "formatted text".

>Even a form is not dangerous.  You have to fill it in and hit submit.

So where does the submitted data GO?  And there's all kind of information
in there about what software I'm running.

						Gordon L. Burditt