Replacing utf-8 characters

Mike no at spam
Wed Oct 5 14:52:41 EDT 2005

For example this is what I am trying to do that is not working.

The contents of link is the reuters web page, containing

"/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=businessNews&storyID=2005-10-05T151245Z_01_HO548006_RTRUKOC_0_UK-AIRLINES-BA.xml"

link = link.replace('&','&')

But if I now view the the contents link it shows it the same as when it
was assigned.