Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Mon Oct 3 03:15:15 EDT 2005

Op 2005-09-30, Steve Holden schreef <steve at holdenweb.com>:
> Antoon Pardon wrote:

>>>Good grief, the ultimate choice is to use Python because you like it, or
>>>not to use it because you don't. Enough with the picking every available
>>>nit, please. Consent or stop complaining :-)
>>

>> This is IMO not a nit. IMO people are redefining words. We are also
>> talking within a certain context. When people use this slogan, they
>> don't mean that people have the choice to not use python.
>>
> Quite true, but people do none the less have that choice. Some days I
> wish a few more would exercise it.

Yes they have that choice and the problem is that if too many make that
choice, python wouldn't evolve. A lot of progress python made, is
because people who didn't like some aspects of it, discussed them and
either implemeted a change themselves or got someone else interested
enough to implement a change.

--
Antoon Pardon