graphic memory & animation

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Oct 17 04:09:49 EDT 2005

"Peres" wrote:

> Slow means more than 20ms to erase the screen. After double buffering it
> improved a lot , of course (16 ms) but I'll need a faster speed.

are you measuring the time it takes to go from a populated screen to a blank
screen?  if so, you're probably seeing the screen refresh time (16 ms = 60 fps)
rather than the time it takes to draw things.

try disabling vertical sync in your display driver to see if that fixes the problem

(if you do things the right way, you shouldn't have to do that: you should clear/copy
and draw the new screen before you flip the buffers)

</F>