Extention Woes

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Oct 20 03:27:53 EDT 2005

"Tuvas" wrote:

> Well, the point of declaring it as a char was to have it as an 8 bit
> integer, as is requested later on in the program.

since ParseTuple writes an integer to the address you pass in,
that's likely to overwrite some random stuff on the stack.  like-
wise, passing in a character buffer where ParseTuple expects
a pointer to a char pointer isn't going to work either (but that
only writes garbage into the buffer).

> Anyways, I tried making the changes, similar results.

post the new code and the output it's giving you.

> BTW, it doesn't give me one single warning, so I don't think it's a
> casting problem...

the C compiler doesn't understand the ParseTuple format string,
so that doesn't mean anything.  it's up to you to make sure that
the format specifiers and the pointers you pass in match.

</F>