defining the behavior of zip(it, it) (WAS: Converting a flat list...)

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 23:35:40 EST 2005

bonono at gmail.com wrote:
> r... at yahoo.com wrote:
> > Well, I do too mostly.  On rereading my post, it seems I overreacted
> > a bit.  But the attitude I complained about I think is real, and has
> > led to more serious flaws like the missing if-then-else expression,
> > something I use in virtually every piece of code I write, and which
> > increases readability.  (Well, ok that is not the end of the world
> > either but it's lack is irritating as hell, and yes, I know that it is
> > now back in favor.)
>
> I have the same feeling too, which I coin the "personality" of the
> group and the language in general :-)

Yes, I've often thought I'd like to study sociology, using the internet
as a laboratory.

I know that I'm tilting at windmills, but I optimistic enough to hope
that maybe some small change will result.
The problem is that Python is really a very good language which
makes its flaws stand out all the more.