Python doc problem example: gzip module (reprise)

Paul Rubin http
Sat Nov 5 21:18:22 EST 2005

Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> writes:
> To my knowledge the PSF isn't doing anything about including the
> documentation with their distribution, so they shouldn't care about
> the licenses. Wanting to bundle a good tutorial for everything in
> the library might be on the list, but the licenses on third-party
> tutorials shouldn't matter until you are considering bundling them.

It's only -because- of those licenses that there's any reason not to
bundle.  Are there any good Python docs outside of the distro, that
are licensed suitably for bundling?  If yes, I'd say there's a good
case for bundling them.

> In that light, the only major omission I can think of is Tkinter, as
> the only good docs - tutorial, reference, or otherwise - is the
> Grayson's book.

I found

  http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/lang/python/tkinter.html

to be a pretty good tutorial, though incomplete as a reference.