modifying source at runtime - jython case

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sat Nov 5 11:16:44 EST 2005

Jan Gregor wrote:
> Hello folks
>
>  I want to apply changes in my source code without stopping jython
>  and JVM. Preferable are modifications directly to instances of
>  classes. My application is a desktop app using swing library.

Can you be more specific? Python and Jython allow classes to be modified at runtime without changing the source code or compiling new code. For example you can add and remove methods and attributes from a class and change the base classes of a class. You can also modify individual instances of a class to change their attributes and behaviour independently of other instances of the class. What are you trying to do? For example see
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/8f7d87975eab0ca4/18215f7ce8f5d609?rnum=15#18215f7ce8f5d609
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/a0b19b37ac48deaa/e599041de4b8feb0?rnum=22#e599041de4b8feb0

Kent