Computer Language Shootout

bonono at gmail.com bonono at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 21:34:34 EST 2005

Bengt Richter wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2005 14:08:12 -0800, igouy at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >We don't scrape programs from news-groups, if you'd like the program to
> >be shown on the shootout then please attach the source code to a
> >tracker item.
> You asked for something, got a response, and then you haughtily[1] declare
> that it's not being served on a special platter from your cupboard,
> and you won't deign to "scrape" the serving onto your own platter.
> Pfui. Your apparent[1] attitude turns me off, not to mention your top-posting.

I don't see it as an attitude issue but wording. It is blunt but I can
see his point. He was asking people if it is possible to
submit(contribute) some code to the test. And based on what I saw on
his site, it is inappropriate for him to just take code from ML/usenet
as all codes there need proper author(beyond courtesy, there may be
copyright issue). That is my reading anyway.

If it was nicely explained why it needs to be done this way upfront(or
in the response), I believe you may not feel it this way.

Interestingly, I find this response quite compatible with the
personality of this group.