How to write an API for a Python application?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Nov 16 09:18:05 EST 2005

Gary Kshepitzki wrote:
> I would like to create an API for a piece of Python code. The API is for use
> by non Python code.
> It should support interaction in both directions, both accessing functions
> on the API and the ability for the API to raise events on its client.
> What is the best way to do that?

One technology that I used many years ago with Python, and which should
still do the job is CORBA - at that time ILU, but I suppose the various
other ORBs should also be as capable; certainly, ILU permitted
callbacks from the server into the client. These days, you might want
to look at omniORB, Fnorb and ORBit.

Paul