Pywin32: How to import data into Excel?

Dmytro Lesnyak Dmytro.Lesnyak at xtract.fi
Tue Nov 8 03:08:46 EST 2005

Hello,

I need to import some big data into Excel from my Python script. I have
TXT file (~7,5 Mb). I'm using Pywin32 library for that, but if I first
try to read the TXT file and then save the values one by one like

               xlBook.Sheets(sheet_name).Cells(i,j).Value =
value_from_TXT_file

it takes about 10 hours to process whole data (and it's not acceptable
in my case).

I just wonder if it's possible to speed up the process. F.e. by using

             xlApp.Workbooks.OpenText() -function

I was trying to do that, but I don't have any documentation for the
function and it doesn't work.

BR,

Dima