FTP over TLS

Carl Waldbieser waldbie at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 18:01:14 EST 2005

Does anyone know of any good examples for writing client side code to upload
files over a secure FTP connection?  I am referring to FTPS, *not* SFTP,
which I found out the hard way are two different things.  I am not really
all that familiar with FTPS, but from what I understand, when the client
sends the "AUTH" command, it can request a TLS connection from the server.

I wasn't sure how to do this in Python, and Googling around didn't really
produce any useful Python-related results for me.

Also, is there an independent FTPS client for Linux I could use for testing
purposes?

Thanks.