is parameter an iterable?

Micah Elliott mde at micah.elliott.name
Thu Nov 17 11:27:02 EST 2005

On Nov 17, Duncan Booth wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > What should I do when I can't rely on functions that
> > don't exist in older versions of Python?

> 	sys.exit('Archaic Python not supported, please upgrade')

+1 QOTW.

I recently gave up on trying to support (backport to) pre-2.2 in my
projects.  It's been ~3 years since 2.2 released and that seem like a
pretty reasonable support window.  I wound up with HACK and
PORTABILITY comments all over the place and too much boilerplate.  Now
I go with a startup check on sys.hexversion, and exit with similar
wording.

--
|V|icah |- lliott             <><             mde at micah.elliott.name