Nested loop

Micah Elliott mde at micah.elliott.name
Wed Nov 30 14:31:18 EST 2005

On Nov 30, Steve Holden wrote:
> Indeed, but I personally don't see a way to persuade difflib to
> compare the lines of one file with the fourth field of lines in
> another.

Right.  I was just pointing out the possibility (I don't know the
OP's data format) since no one had mentioned it yet.  If there are
multiple "fields" per line, then pre-massaging into one field per line
might be a reasonable approach.  But then you might end up doing more
work than the nested loop idea.

--
|V|icah |- lliott             <><             mde at micah.elliott.name