Controlling windows gui applications from python

tim tim.vets at skynet.be
Fri Nov 18 14:44:13 EST 2005

Hi all, I'm almost as new to this list as to python so I hope I don't
get a "this has been answered a 100 times before" or anything...

Currently I am using a program named 'Macro Scheduler' for automating
programs that don't have a command line version.
Its a simple scripting language that allows you to automate button
clicks, mouse movement, starting programs, checking the state of a
window, changing the focus, type text into an input field...etc.
Is there a way to do these things from within Python?

Thanks
Tim