Winsound doesn't play whole sound?

Dieter Vanderelst dieter.vanderelst at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 05:42:41 EST 2005

Hello,

I'm having a problem with playing WAV files using Winsound.

If I use winsound to play a certain WAV files only the first few seconds
of the file get played. I think this comes because these files contain
some parts of silence. There winsound seems the stop playing the files
(windows media player plays the sounds correctly).

Does anybody have an idea about how I could fix this problem? I have
considered installing extra modules like PyMedia. But this would limit
the portability of my script (I would have to install PyMedia on all the
Pc's I want to use my script on).

Many Thanks,
Dieter

Just as a reference, the code I use:
winsound.PlaySound("My_wav.wav", winsound.SND_FILENAME)