BisonGen parser generator. Newbie question

uche.ogbuji at gmail.com uche.ogbuji at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:54:32 EST 2005

"""
I'm trying to run the calculator example included with the "BisonGen"
parser generator, but I've been unable to put it to work.

When I compile the xml file "simple.bgen" with the script
"BisonGen.bat", the only parser I get is a C file. I've heard BisonGen
generates also a python file, which is, I believe, the one used
imported by "test.py" to run the testing.
"""

Apologies for the late reply.  Holidays and all that...

Anyway, this is strange.  You should get both C and .py file (and .java
files if you're using a recent CVS version).  Here is what I get:

$BisonGen simple.bgen
Generate parser simple.c
Generate parser simple.java
Generate constants simpleConstants.java
Generate handler simpleHandler.java
Generate handler DefaultsimpleHandler.java

What do you get for output?  BTW, if you want to try a recent CVS
version, grab the snapshot:

ftp://ftp.fourthought.com/pub/cvs-snapshots/BisonGen-CVS.tar.gz (.zip
also available).

Also, you might want to ask BGen questions on the 4Suite mailing list,
where other BGen developers hang out.

http://lists.fourthought.com/pipermail/4suite/

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com