Getting Python Accepted in my Organisation

Sat Nov 5 05:12:06 EST 2005

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 04:12:38 -0500, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

> On 2005-11-05, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 20:55:48 -0500, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
>>
>><quoting deliberately removed to make a point>
>>
>> So that people reading your reply know what you are commenting about.
>>
>> (Now, imagine that you're reading from a newsgroup where Chris' post has
>> disappeared off the server, or perhaps never showed up at all.)
>
>    Did I say something???

Yes.

Quoting from your earlier post, including the text you quoted:

[quote]
> I would only do in-line response type when there is a need for
> specific response in context.

    If there's not, why would you quote anything?
[end quote]

You should almost always quote *something*, if only to give some
context. If there is no context at all, you almost certainly want to
start a new thread.

--
Steven.