Pylab and pyserial plot in real time

Jeremy Sanders jeremy+complangpython at jeremysanders.net
Tue Nov 8 06:44:41 EST 2005

googlinggoogler at hotmail.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of a module designed for ploting real time data thats
> more appropriate for the above mentioned task than pylab??

You could have a look at my plotting package, Veusz, which can be embedded
in other apps. You can update the data in real time, as the windowing runs
in a separate thread.

The main problem is that I have only really tested it on Unix, but I have
reports that it "mostly" works in Windows (I'm looking into supporting this
soon).

http://home.gna.org/veusz/

Alternatively matplotlib may be another solution.

--
Jeremy Sanders
http://www.jeremysanders.net/