How to write an API for a Python application?

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 22:01:58 EST 2005

Cameron Laird <claird at lairds.us> wrote:

> In article <1h6aek5.7u27ahsflnq7N%aleax at mail.comcast.net>,
> Alex Martelli <aleax at mail.comcast.net> wrote:
>                       .
> >Note also that you can freely download all of the code in my book as
> >http://examples.oreilly.com/pythonian/pythonian-examples.zip (it's just
> >36 KB).  In that same chapter you will find several implementations of
>                       .
> 1.  Private e-mail to all the addresses I have for you has
>     been bouncing.

The aleax.it domain is basically dead mailwise (www.aleax.it still works
fine) -- I can't reach that mailbox unless I'm on the ADSL supplied by
its purveyor (which, of course, only reaches within Italy;-).  And
comcast doesn't know how to provide semidecent mail service.  But
several addresses of mine should work fine -- I'll try reminding you of
them in private mail.

> 2.  Both 19-7 and 19-8 in the ZIP I found at that URL have
>     a curious typo that I'll describe this way:

Yeah, O'Reilly tools have this delightful penchant for inserting a space
between two adjacent underscores, drives me crazy:-(.

Alex