PYTHONDOCS on OSX

Dan Lowe dan at tangledhelix.com
Mon Nov 28 17:52:06 EST 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 5:27 PM, Robert Hicks wrote:

> I have that...and it isn't working with the OSX version of IDLE in the
> MacPython folder. If I start Python from the Terminal it works.
>
> Any idea why it doesn't work that way?

Unless a program is launched in a Terminal window, your .profile (and
other similar files) aren't read. OSX doesn't work like Linux or
Solaris; it doesn't launch the GUI from a shell environment. There
are ways to get environment variables into the GUI, such as described
here:

http://tinyurl.com/8yvk9

  -dan

--
logic (n.): the art of being wrong with confidence.