reading a config file

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Fri Nov 4 09:47:38 EST 2005

When I need something like this I have employed the following:

[server_001]
blah = "some server"
destination="some destination"

[server_002]
blah = "some other server"
destination="some other destination"

[server_linux1]
blah = "some other server"
destination="some other destination"

Then I do something like this:

import ConfigParser
INI=ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
INI.read(inifilename)
serversections=[x for x in INI.sections if x.startswith('server_')]
for serversection in serversections:
    servername=serversection.split('_')[1]
    #
    # Code to operate on the servers here