how to bypass firewall

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 03:46:51 EST 2005

Parth wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I need some help regrading byassing firewalls.My college has internet
> aces but it prevents us from dowloading music(*.mp3,*.mid,etc.)from the
> net.I use a win xp sp2 and browse using ie 6. Is there any way how i
> can dowload music on my computer using this connection. (We have a
> proxy server throught which all the connections pass)

You need to use a solution *outside* the firewall.

Shell access on a virtual server is cheap - check if port 22 is
blocked. SSH dynamic port forwarding will get you unlimtied access via
a socks 4 proxy.

Alternatively you need an external proxy that renames files. If you're
prepared to do some *work* - you could start with approx -
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/cgi.shtml#approx

As it's a CGI it can be used with quite a cheap hosting account....

All the best,

Fuzzyman