generate HTML

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Mon Nov 14 13:54:26 EST 2005

Jeffrey Schwab wrote:
> s99999999s2003 at yahoo.com wrote:
>> def genpage(arg1,arg2):
>>    print ''' <div align="right"><font size="-1">BLAH BLAH.....%s %s
>>           ''' % (arg1, arg2)
>> .... i wish to print all these into a HTML output file so that
>> when i click on it, it shows me the html page. How can i do that?
> Why not just redirect the output of your Python script from the shell?
> E.g.:
>
> python generate_html.py > output.html

Or you can even do the following Python dance:

     def gen_to_file(filename, arg1, arg2):
         import sys
         former, sys.stdout = sys.stdout, open("output.html", "w")
         try:
             genpage(arg1, arg2)
         finally:
             htmlfile, sys.stdout = sys.stdout, former
             htmlfile.close()
         print 'file %r written' % filename

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org