Underscores in Python numbers

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Sat Nov 19 09:35:49 EST 2005

bonono at gmail.com enlightened us with:
> Of course, also support the locale variant where the meaning of ","
> and "." is swapped in most European countries.

This is exactly why I wouldn't use that notation. What happens if it
is hardcoded into the source? I mean, that's what we're talking about.
Then the program would have to have an indication of which locale is
used for which source file. Without that, a program would be
interpreted in a different way on different computers. I think that
would be rather messy.

I'm in favour of using spaces or underscores.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa