Data Transmission Crash Course Required

dndfan at hotpop.com dndfan at hotpop.com
Tue Nov 15 16:47:37 EST 2005

Hello, everyone!

I am a Python enthusiast, also trying to learn basic Linux skills in
order to rid myself of the Windows plague (off-topic rant). I was
considering doing a Battleships game that runs in text mode and has the
capacity to connect players via networking. Trouble is I have minimal
experience in networking, let alone in Python's methods for data
exchange. I am looking for a quick-n-dirty approach, upon which I can
certainly expand by further reading Python documentation. Also, if
anyone can recommend an online resource for learning more about TCP/IP
and the like (a programmer's view of it), I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.