Curses & Keypress

ale.of.ginger at gmail.com ale.of.ginger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:43:18 EST 2005

Now that I have gotoxy() down for moving the cursor around, I want that
to be a result of keypresses (namely from the numpad -- 7 = NorthWest,
8 = North, 9 = NE, etc...).  I have little clue how to do this.  After
searching google, I've come upon this; include:

import curses

in the header.  However, I've found various methods of actually reading
the keyboard press (getch(), raw_input, etc.).  What is the best method
to use for reading keypress, so I can have something like:

if (keypressvariable == 'numpad7'):
     WConio.gotoxy(x-1,y+1)

etc...

Thanks.