How to write an API for a Python application?

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Tue Nov 29 21:27:21 EST 2005

Cameron Laird <claird at lairds.us> wrote:

> In article <1h6r2e6.dcl10toyuxx7N%aleax at mail.comcast.net>,
> Alex Martelli <aleax at mail.comcast.net> wrote:
>                       .
> >Yeah, O'Reilly tools have this delightful penchant for inserting a space
> >between two adjacent underscores, drives me crazy:-(.
> >
> >Alex
>
> Do more of us need to holler at ORA?  Is there some technical
> reason to allow this craziness to persist?

I can't think of any (though I don't know what quirks of ther typography
they may be working around, it should not affect the code as saved into
zipfiles for download...).  ORA's Tools people are a great bunch, but I
take it they're overworked and thus can't give each issue full
attention; apparently this only affects Python, so...:-(

Alex