Looking Python script to compare two files

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 04:33:12 EST 2005

[david]
> So if I want to use these tools: antiword,pdf2text,
> can I pack these tools and python script into a
> windows EXE file? I know there is open source tool
> which can pack python script and libs and generate
> the windows EXE file.

I'm not especially qualified to answer this, but I
think the answer's Yes. I think that you can just
tell py2exe that the executables and DLLs of the
other products are data files for the Python one.
Best look at the py2exe site and mailing list for
further info. An alternative is just to use an
installer to package the whole thing in the usual
Windows way.

> Yes, this approach can't handle the pictures in
> the PDF/WORD file. There is a way to play around
> it? maybe it's very hard.

I'm not even sure how I'd go about it conceptually.
How *do* you compare two pictures? Do you really
want to do this?

BTW, don't forget that if you're comparing Word with
Word, you can use its inbuilt comparison ability,
which just needs COM automation. (Don't know how
that takes care of picture either, but if Word's
own Compare can't, no-one else has got a chance).

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk