A Tcl/Tk programmer learns Python--any advice?

Svenn Are Bjerkem svenn.are at bjerkem.de
Fri Nov 11 02:23:17 EST 2005

In article <1131638209.485738.276940 at z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
sigzero at gmail.com says...
> Why does there need to be OO "in the core"? That is one thing I have
> never understood. If you want OO, get a package that fits your style of
> OO and "package require" you are off and running. That probably isn't
> what you would be looking at Tcl for anyway.

We are now starting the normal discussion that tcl'ers have about OO in
the core, and thus just whipping up old dirt. For people like me who has
invested a lot of time to learn a language that I use to solve everyday
problems, it would be nice if I could continue to use that same language
to do more advanced stuff. Loading packages is a work-around in my eyes,
and I am actually following your advice of looking at a different
language, that's why I am here in the first place. There is no need to
wear rubber boots at a party if you can wear sneakers.

--
Svenn