wxPython: updating style of StaticText from event generated by button

KvS keesvanschaik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 19:19:38 EST 2005

> I would suggest you to take a look to the wxPython "custom" buttons; you can
> find them in the demo, under "Custom Controls" ==> "GenericButtons". There
> you will find "old style" buttons, that can be simple buttons or toggle
> buttons (with "up" and "down" states). I have XP, and they look like "old
> style" buttons.

Pff. Sorry, apparently I just completely missed that specific part of
the demo although I've been using the demo all the time so far. :(.

> This is more a wxWidgets question that a wxPython one. However, quoting the
> wxWidgets manual:

Yes, I had looked it up in the manual, but "Please note that some
styles cannot be changed after the window creation [...]" is hardly the
same as "In general you *can not* change in runtime the style of a
widget. Only a
very limited subset of the wxPython widgets supports style changes in
runtime" right ;).

Thanks for the great help!

- Kees