another beginner sort of question

Thu Nov 3 00:04:14 EST 2005

Ok, like I mentioned before, I'm learning C# for fun. I'm interested in
learning Python sort of as a "supplement" (by that, I mean a language
with scripting capabilities that can do things maybe simpler than C#
might). One concern I have about learning them simultaneously is that
I'll start to get overwhelmed and mix things up, but I think I'm at
least smart enough not to do that!  :)

My other concern is exactly how indepth I'll need to go with Python. I
enjoy learning about the details of C# and the .NET Framework, but I
think in order to keep things simple (in terms of learning two languages
at once), I won't really get into the "behind the scenes" stuff with
Python. I plan to just learn it well enough to write small scripts here
and there.

So my question is, is this feasible? Or does learning Python require (or
entail) learning all the details behind it? Also, do I need to know
anything about C or C++? Python seems to connected to those languages
that I'm afraid learning Python by itself might not be practical, but
hopefully that's unfounded.

Thanks!