wxPython Licence vs GPL

Paul Rubin http
Mon Nov 28 16:12:43 EST 2005

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> writes:
> If you want me to agree that the GPL puts more conditions on distribution
> than the MIT/BSD licence, then I'll happily agree. If you want me to
> describe that as a "restrictive licence", then I refuse.

With the GPL, you get a slight restriction from the GPL author (you're
not allowed to redistribute the binary unless you offer source).  With
the MIT/BSD license you get far worse restrictions, from potentially
far more different people, from the downstream freeloaders who don't
want you to redistribute even the binary.