lists <-> tuple

Peter Notebaert peno at mailme.org
Wed Nov 2 18:09:14 EST 2005

I am new to Python and have to create an import library in C that uses
matrices.

These matrices can be one-dimensional (vectors) or two-dimensional. If I
look in the ActivePython 2.4 documentation at data structures, then I see at
least 2 posibilities to represent them: Lists and Tuples.

The documention doesn't give me much information on what the best choice is
for the data type to provide/return these matrices.

So my question is, should I use lists or tuples to represent my matrices in
and why?

Thanks for any reaction.