gmpy 1.01 rc near... anybody wanna test>

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Nov 7 03:23:09 EST 2005

Alex Martelli wrote:
> I have fixed almost all of the outstanding bugreports and feature
> request for gmpy: divm doesn't leak memory any more, truediv and
> floordiv are implemented for all types, etc -- in the current CVS
> version (one thing I must still look at is divm's behavior when its args
> are not mutually prime).  It currently compiles w/o warnings, and passes
> all of its 1040+ tests, w/the current release of GMP (4.1.4), Python
> (2.4.2), MacOSX (10.4.3), XCode (2.1), gcc (4.0).\\
>
> gmpy users able to download and build from sourceforge's cvs are
> encouraged to test the current CVS version.  This is a great time to
> send me any bug reports or (minor;-) feature requests, since I hope to
> release a "1.01 release candidate" of gmpy ASAP.  I'm currently unable
> to build any Windows version -- any volunteer for THAT task is doubly
> welcome;-).

I tried compiling it with the MS free toolkit but the C compile
complains about the absence of "gmp.h". Since I see such a header in my
Cygwin installation I presume it's something that a full VC7
installation could expect to be present.

Unfortunately modifying the build to use the Cygwin include directory
gave errors, I suspect because other Cygwin headers were also being
picked up in error (I just added /cygwin/usr/include to include_dirs.

Compilation ran to completion with the header files from both Cygwin and
the GNU gmp-static library, but then of course in both cases I was
missing the gmp library to link it against.

So I'm afraid you might need someone with access to VC to test this on
Windows for you, sorry.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119