How to use generators?

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Wed Nov 9 10:01:30 EST 2005

Ian Vincent enlightened us with:
> I have never used generators before but I might have now found a use
> for them. I have written a recursive function to solve a 640x640
> maze but it crashes, due to exceeding the stack.  The only way
> around this I can think of is to use Generator but I have no idea
> how to.

A better way is to use a queue. I had the same problem with a similar
piece of code. The only thing why you're using a stack is to move to
the "next" point, without going back to a visited point.

The non-recursive solution is to mark all visited points as such, only
consider non-visited points, and then append the coordinates to a list
of points yet to visit. Then keep looping over your code until either
you found the solution to the maze or there are no points left to
visit.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa