is parameter an iterable?

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEMEcyber.com.au
Thu Nov 17 02:37:11 EST 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>

>>This means we're no longer assuming what the error message will be,
>>which makes our code a lot more future-proof and implementation-proof: if
>>some version of Python changes the error string from "iteration over
>>non-sequence" to something else, the code should continue to work
>>correctly.
>

> Alex has already posted the right way to do this.

Has he? Where and when? Is my crystal ball broken
again? I hate it when I miss the one Usenet post all
the cool kids are talking about.

> can you please stop

Can I please stop what? Using punctuation and
capitalization correctly? Learning? Thinking for
myself? Posting to Usenet? Programming in Python? Your
post is unclear.

--
Steven.