Command-line tool able to take multiple commands at one time?

Peter A. Schott paschott at no.yahoo.spamm.com
Fri Nov 11 16:25:44 EST 2005

OK - I justed tested and may be doing something wrong, but it didn't work when I
just tried it.

I have something like this:

X = "Value1"
Y = "Value2"
Z = "Value3"

etc at the top of my script.  When I copy/paste those three lines all at once
into IDLE's interactive window, X is defined, Y and Z are not.

That's more the behaviour I was hoping for - the ability to run parts of my code
at a time in order to work through issues without too much trouble in
mostly-working code.

TIA,

-Pete Schott