which feature of python do you like most?

James james.hague at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:33:28 EST 2005

Most of the responses are of the "Why Python is more pleasant than C++"
variety, but the original poster specifically said he had experience
with Perl.  As such, arguments like "automatic memory management" don't
carry any weight.

>From my experience as both a Perl and Python user--and I do prefer Perl
for many tasks--the big win for Python is when you have complex data
structures: dictionaries containing arrays, arrays of arrays, array of
dictionaries, and so on.  This kind of thing is awkward in Perl (you
need to use references), but perfectly natural and obvious in Python.