os.chown()

James Colannino james at colannino.org
Fri Nov 11 18:08:52 EST 2005

Hey everyone.  I tried to use os.chown() in the following manner:

os.chown('filename', 'username', 'groupname')

I got an error, and when I googled for this function I realized that I
must pass the numerical uid and gid.  My question is, is there a way for
me to change ownership based on the name instead of the number?  Perhaps
there's a function that will let me lookup the uid from the username,
and the gid from the groupname?

Thanks :)

James

--
My blog: http://www.crazydrclaw.com/
My homepage: http://james.colannino.org/

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free
state, THE RIGHT of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE
INFRINGED." --United States Constitution, Second Ammendment