HTML generation vs PSP vs Templating Engines

Luis M. Gonzalez luismgz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 17:09:12 EST 2005

I meant that it is not strictly necessary to use templates in
Karrigell, although you can use Cheetah if you want.
I'm not used to templates mainly because I'm familiar with the way PHP
works and, for simple dynamic sites like those I work on, this is the
simpliest approach.
Another reason is that I'm a little bit lazy for learning yet another
language, be it a python-like one or a template one.

Also, I feel that Python is easy enough for having to resort to another
language.
I usually create my pages with Dreamweaver or any other visual tool,
and once the design is ready, I add a few python lines to it which,
combined with modules that are separated from the html code, work
wonders on my sites.