Python Framework that works with IIS/SQL Server?

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Thu Nov 3 18:03:29 EST 2005

randall_burns at hotmail.com wrote:
> I'd like to find a web framework that works with IIS and SQL Server on
> Windows(I know-but I didn't make that decision). Anyhow, I've
> looked at Turbogears, Django, subway and didn't see any evidence
> that anyone had made these work in that configuration.
> Any suggestions?

Since TurboGears and Subway are built on top of CherryPy, they should be
able to use the ASP/IIS WSGI gateway here:
http://www.aminus.org/blogs/index.php/fumanchu/2005/05/26/wsgi_gateway_f
or_asp_microsoft_iis

...and it seems there is some support for MS SQL Server in SQLObject,
which both frameworks also use:
http://sqlobject.org/SQLObject.html#ms-sql-server

I use bare CherryPy with my own ORM, which handles SQL Server quite
well:
http://projects.amor.org/dejavu

Robert Brewer
System Architect