Installing Tkinter on knoppix

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Wed Nov 9 04:10:10 EST 2005

Jon Monteleone wrote:
> Greetings,
> Does anybody have a website where I can download a copy of Tkinter to install onto
> knoppix?
> Is it a pretty straightforward install?

Knoppix is debian-based - you can use apt-get. But installing on a CD is
impossible - do you want to alter the packages that come with a knoppix?
Then you need to create your own distribution based on it (which should
be doable, as the plethorea of *ix-distros shows). On a persisted
knoppix, just use the above mentioned apt-get.

Regards,

Diez