Using python for writing models: How to run models in restricted python mode?

Jeremy Sanders jeremy+complangpython at jeremysanders.net
Thu Nov 10 04:57:38 EST 2005

vinjvinj wrote:

> Unfortunately this in not an options since all the processes share
> objects in memory which are about 1gig for each node. Having a copy of
> this in each user process is just not an options. I think I'm going to
> use RestrictedPython from zope3 svn which should take care of 70-80 %
> of the problem.

I wonder whether it is possible to fork() the program, restricting the
memory usuage for the forked program. In most unix variants, forked
programs share memory until that memory is written to. Of course this may
not be useful if there's data going back and forth all the time.

--
Jeremy Sanders
http://www.jeremysanders.net/