python speed

Frithiof Andreas Jensen frithiof.jensen at die_spammer_die.ericsson.com
Wed Nov 30 06:05:53 EST 2005

"Krystian" <nobody at this.home.com> wrote in message
news:hhupo15bdg0tvnivtpu60907nanuose44r at 4ax.com...
> Hi
> are there any future perspectives for Python to be as fast as java?

Sure, if/when Python becomes as water-logged with obtruse OO-layers as Java
is now.

Python is faster than Java.

Because Python per design generally is a thin layer of glue poured over
binary C modules, it does not take very many instructions before one hits
the fastest speed that the platform can go at. I would test it, then worry
about it.