Py2Exe produced "binary" shows terminal screen on execution

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Nov 2 09:00:43 EST 2005

Thomas W wrote:
> I've produced a "binary" version of a python-script using Py2Exe and
> when run on WinXP it shows a terminal window for a brief moment then
> the window disappears. How can I avoid this? I want the script to run
> without being visible at all.

You probably used the "console" option?  See this page
(http://www.py2exe.org/) for information about the alternate "windows"
option where it says:

'''The above setup script creates a console program, if you want a GUI
program without the console window, simply replace
console=["myscript.py"] with windows=["myscript.py"].'''

-Peter