pyzeroconf on windows

matt matthewharrison at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:31:51 EST 2005

Since I'm on the topic of pyzeroconf today, I might as well keep
posting ;)
So on to another platform... windows.  Has anyone used pyzeroconf on
Windows recently?  It doesn't appear to work (and it isn't the
127.0.0.1 thing either).

Running python Zeroconf.py gives the following:
Multicast DNS Service Discovery for Python, version 0.12
1. Testing registration of a service...
   Registering service...
   Registration done.
2. Testing query of service information...
   Getting ZOE service: None
   Query done.
3. Testing query of own service...
   Getting self: None
   Query done.
4. Testing unregister of service information...
   Unregister done.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Zeroconf.py", line 863, in run
    self.readers[socket].handle_read()
  File "Zeroconf.py", line 906, in handle_read
    data, (addr, port) =
self.zeroconf.socket.recvfrom(_MAX_MSG_ABSOLUTE)
  File "C:\Python23\lib\socket.py", line 143, in _dummy
    raise error(EBADF, 'Bad file descriptor')
error: (9, 'Bad file descriptor')

Also, note that besides the error, the query of "own service" (#3
above) also failed to detect anything.

Anyone have any clues?
Thought I'd ask before delving into sockets on windows....

thanks
matt