Tablelist-tcl-tk-tile

Kevin Walzer sw at wordtech-software.com
Sun Nov 27 10:59:57 EST 2005

malv wrote:
> Wanting to explore tk under python, I must say that it seems to be very
> difficult to find the required information in one single place.
> I would like to give tk a try but as I need as a test something
> equivalent of the Qt datagrid, I don't seem manage yet to get the
> latest releases of tablelist, tcl, tk and tile going.
> Did anybody manage to make the recent releases work in Python 2.4?
> I manged to do some things with tablelist v4.2 but with the 8.4
> versions of tcl/tk. However, for future work including tile, it would
> seem wise to start out from 8.5.
> In order to make tcl8.5, tk8.5 go, I suppose the 8.4 versions have to
> be removed.
> Do I have to remove and recompile python 2.4 as well? Is there any
> compact writup on how to get going without having to delve into the
> inner workings and wrapping of tcl?
> Thx.
> malv

Tcl/Tk 8.5 has not yet been released--it's still in alpha testing. Last
I heard the target release date was next spring or summer.

I'm coming to Python from the Tcl/Tk world, and the limited testing of
Tile (v. 0.7.2) and tablelist (0.4.2) that I've done works fine (this is
with Python 2.4.2 and Tcl/Tk 8.4.10).

--
Cheers,

Kevin Walzer, PhD